Call for Papers
We welcome the authors across the globe to publish their research papers, empirical reports and reviews on the following emergent and challenging issues in the area of Applied Linguistics in Pakistan Journal of Language Studies (PJLS). PJLS is an annual peer reviewed journal. All the submitted papers are acknowledged quickly and reviewed as rapidly as possible. They are initially scrutinized by the editors who decide whether they meet certain basic standards with respect to their length, presentation, clarity and level of scholarship. The papers that pass through this initial scrutiny are sent out to referees for final selection. We follow a double blind peer-review system, every paper is sent for review to national as well as international experts. The reviewers' and authors' identities remain anonymous.
Topics of interest
- Corpus Linguistics
- World Englishes
- Pakistani English
- Language Testing & Evaluation
- Systemic Functional Linguistics
- Phonetics and Phonology
- Lexicology and Lexicography
- Discourse Analysis
- Anthropological Linguistics
- Cognitive Linguistics
- Computational Linguistics
- Language Planning
- Language Teaching
- Language Contact and Language Change
- Language Documentation
- Language Endangerment
- Translation Studies
- Language and Gender
Guidelines for authors
The authors should submit their papers according to the following guidelines:
- The submitted articles must be original and should not be under consideration for any other publication at the same time.
- The manuscripts should be free from grammatical errors and plagiarism.
- The manuscripts should be composed according to APA (American Psychological Association 6th edition) format for writing text and referencing.
- The first page should have the title of the article, author (s)’s names, his/her/their affiliation, E-mail address, and author (s)’s notes.
- Give one paragraph introduction of authors in five to seven sentences (for each author) describing their educational background and research achievements on the title page.
- Title of the article should be informative and eye-catching.
- Title should not be more than 12 words in length and it should not contain abbreviations or words that serve no purpose.
- The second page should have the title of the article (font size 14, Times New Roman), abstract (font size 10, Times New Roman) containing 100-150 words summarizing the main points and followed by five key words (in italics).
- The remaining pages should have the main text, and list of references.
- On the first line of the abstract page, center the word “Abstract” (bold, formatting).
- Abstract of the article should be justified and in italics.
- Articles should not cross the word limit of 4000-8000.
- Headings and subheadings should be on a separate line.
- Use A4 size paper with Times New Roman writing style font size 12 for the main text and 10 for the abstract with 1.15 line spacing for the whole document. Left margin should be 3.5 but all other margins should be 2.mm. Tables and figures should not be split on two pages.
- Articles should be typed in MS Word and should be paginated.
- Do not try to format your submission in the style of a published article.
- Plagiarism is not acceptable. If plagiarism is detected during the peer review process, the manuscript may be rejected. If plagiarism is detected after publication, we may publish a correction or retract the paper.
To submit your paper, please click on the following link: email@example.com
For any inquiry regarding the paper, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to seeing your paper at Pakistan Journal of Language Studies.
Prof. Dr. Muhammad Asim Mahmood
Dean Arts & Social Sciences
Government College University, Faisalabad
Ali Raza Siddique